Shoutout Box. Type your question in the box.

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Google Chart

Browsing through the homepage of del.icio.us I hit the techtracer blog and Google Chart. Looks useful so this is a live report as to whether it really is that simple to create a chart. First, make a cup of coffee (everything works better when you have a coffee). 20 mins later and IE crashed while I was writing this up though luckily I was creating the graph on Firefox at the time.

My first Google Chart

The verdict.

It was relatively painless to turn out the pie chart. It only took me five malformed urls to create it. Main problem was forgetting the ampersand & and then going back through the URL to insert them all. How would it be for a non-techie? Probably a little off-putting. They should really have some sort of dialogue boxes to help you create the URL. It wouldn't really be that much of a problem after all and would simplify it a lot.

No comments: